EVERYDAY IS A BLESSING IN DISGUISE.

Starting my day with Robert Kelly's  "WHEN I THINK ABOUT YOU" i cant help but wonder about the goodness and mercies of the lord upon my life,family and friends. Life is indeed a comic book believe it as it may be,but it is the truth. Mine for instance is indeed one. From my ever hilarious and  large family with female hormones on the high and testosterone on the low cant help but compare my family with the typical kardashian clan.(not that we have a reality show), with my dad and bro struggling to ensure all is well and in place, to me and my sisters discussing the latest fashion on various magazine who wore it better and who didn't cant  help but wonder this is indeed keeping up with the Ideke's, what a family.

Now to the business of the day, everyday is a blessing in disguise.

Waking up to the crazy alarm on your phone and thinking,  i only had like 6 hours of a not so deep sleep and i have to get ready for work,prepare my packed lunch ,take my bath,make sure am well dressed(you never know which eligible bachelor might be watching) and leaving the house in the nick time to avoid the traffic on the popular Trans Woji bridge in Portharcourt cant help but wonder my God is this life. But then again i am indeed grateful to him for his mercies and provision because most of my peers are far far behind.

Today was different,my phone never stopped beeping from text messages and emails and then i get a watsapp from my ex wishing me a happy birthday and i am like what the f**k my birthday was only three days back and reading your text dulls my day. Struggle to get some sleep wake up late, my eyes drowsy from not sleeping enough rush to the bathroom take my bath,dress up pack my lunch bag and then it begins to rain ,and am like God help me for i have no car.I then leave for work only to get to the office 15 MINS LATE my boss looks at me  sternly and ask "why so late" i respond sir you so don't want to know but am sorry for coming late. Later rush off to the ATM because there is an urgent need  to get some toiletries and the ATM, has network issues i get debited for the cash i didn't receive. This indeed is going to be a long long long long long long day. Feeling downcast, get to my desk my boss no where in sight i then, begin to ponder about my life, then it struck me i haven't read my daily devotional i pick up my bible and my ODM,Pastor Chris really had some interesting things to say  the  scriptural reading revolved around Blind Bartimaeus and Zacchaeus (story for another day) was really interesting and motivating, it did gave me courage to move and look forward to a brighter day and sit back and enjoy the ride.

While working on some reports, facing my day with great optimism was given some money by a manager at work for lunch and i am like wow wasn't actually expecting,I get  A call from my sister in-law asking me to request  for a gift for my birthday and i am like, a bad day getting  better, favors from all angle and i was indeed WOW.

A day that started well, on a not so good note is ending on a wonderful note, justification everyday we go to bed at night there is a struggule between the good spirits and the bad ones,your waking up every morning signifies victory over the devil/evil. Never forget to wake up in the morning and thank God for his mercies, favors graces and blessings because seeing the dawn of a new day isn't by your power but  by his grace and mercies for seeing a new day is indeed a blessing. Praise God it is 5:45 pm,close of work. I cant but thank God for his mercies,provisions and favors of the day he is indeed worthy of our praise. will like to end with a quote from, Steve Graham Excuses are the tools with which persons with no purpose in view build for themselves great monuments of nothing.


                                                                                                       Regards.

                                                                                                       Katherine

Comments

Popular Posts