Tea Rinse For Your Hair



 


Since I went natural, there is a high rate of  hair shedding I thought it was just normal, till my aunt who is also a naturalista like me, told me about  tea rinse and the effect it has in minimizing shedding and it worked wonders for me.
A tea rinse is done by pouring a cup of tea, commonly green or black, over the hair to reduce shedding or stimulate hair growth.The caffeine in the tea penetrates the hair follicles, scientific study shows that caffeine can stimulate hair growth when used in tiny amounts (0.001% caffeine in water). The same study also found that applying too much caffeine to the hair follicles can actually stunt growth. A different study found that caffeine in shampoo can penetrate the hair follicles when left on for 2 minutes. Both studies were done on the hair follicles of men with androgenetic alopecia. So, no scientific studies have been done to test the effects of caffeine on a woman’s scalp who doesn’t have a hair loss disorder.

Generally, the current evidence says that caffeine definitely penetrates hair follicles and may stimulate hair growth, but no one knows for sure. It’s impossible to say how much additional growth you might see, if any. Don’t expect more than an inch or two per year. There are no published scientific studies on caffeine and shedding.


How To do a tea rinse

 The process is simple, I add 4-5 tea bags in a pot of water, bring it to a boil. The tea becomes potent when I let it sit until cool. I remove the bags. I pour the tea into a spray bottle then spray my scalp until fully saturated. I cover my hair with a plastic cap and let it sit for 45 minutes - 1 hour. I rinse my hair and follow up with my favourite deep conditioner. That’s it! Due to caffeine’s acidic nature and ability to remove DHT (Dihydrotestosterone which is a powerful metabolite of the human body and the main cause of hair loss in both male and female) from the scalp, it reduces hair fall. Not only does Black Tea reduce my shedding, it also provides softness to the hair, volume and shine!
 You can also experiment with using tea to stimulate eyebrow growth. Follow the same steps as above and watch to see if the hair grows thicker or more quickly.

Since there’s a risk of using too much caffeine during a tea rinse, it may be best to try a caffeine-containing shampoo for a few months instead. Thicker Fuller Hair, Alpecin, and DS Laboratories are popular brands. As always, be careful not to experiment with DIY treatments so much that you end up over-manipulating your hair. In the quest for healthy hair, length retention is usually more of a problem than growth rate or shedding

Comments

Popular Posts